With security in an inconsistent world on the forefront of every ones’ mind today. Medical Alert Devices are not longer for the elderly. Here at STAT Medical we are working diligently to change the perception of these devices. In this blog you will find some disturbing statistics. That is not to alarm anyone but bring education awareness to everyone. In this year, we will be working on a new device that will create peace of mind for the entire family.
- Parents sending their children to college
- Adult children that are left to take care of the elderly parents with dementia.
- Parents with special needs children.
- Domestic Violence victims that needs silent immediate help without their attacker seeing them reach for a cell phone.
These are the target markets that I am focused on:
- Campus Safety
- Special Needs Community
- Senior Population
- Domestic Violent
Statistics are compelling with these target markets.
Stats: The number of shootings increased 23 percent to 49 incidents during the 2006- 07 to 2010-11 school years.
RAPES ON CAMPUS
One in 5 women and one in 16 men are sexually assaulted while in college
More than 90% of sexual assault victims on college campuses do not report the assault
63.3% of men at one university who self-reported acts qualifying as rape or attempted rape admitted to committing repeat rapes
Source: National Sexual Violence Resource Center
SPECIAL NEEDS COMMUNITY
Roughly half, or 49%, of children with autism attempt to elope from a safe environment, a rate nearly four times higher than their unaffected siblings
- One in four Americans aged 65+ falls each year.
- Every 11 seconds, an older adult is treated in the emergency room for a fall; every 19 minutes, an older adult dies from a fall.
- Falls are the leading cause of fatal injury and the most common cause of nonfatal trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults.
- Falls result in more than 2.8 million injuries treated in emergency departments annually, including over 800,000 hospitalizations and more than 27,000 deaths.
- In 2014, the total cost of fall injuries was $31 billion. The financial toll for older adult falls is expected to increase as the population ages and may reach $67.7 billion by 2020.
- Source: https://www.ncoa.org/
On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men. 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have been victims of [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
We will keep you updated as we progress to consistently give you and your family safety devices.